Jim,

Are you using Client Access/400 or what for connectivity ?

I would have a hard time attributing it directly to a framework update because unless your app is actually using 4.5.1 and was changed it would seem suspect that this is the issue.

Make sure you have current service packs and maybe start logging all transactions on the PC if you can.

That's my two cents without knowing more.

Regards,

Richard Schoen | Director of Document Management Technologies, HelpSystems
T: + 1 952-736-5800
F: + 1 952-736-5801
RJS Software Systems | A Division of HelpSystems
richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.rjssoftware.com

------------------------------

message: 7
date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 10:16:40 -0400
from: Jim Franz <franz9000@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: windows app problems with .net framework 4.5.1

We are seeing odd failures in database updates from win clients when their
server framework updated to 4.5.1.

Not finding job log info that points to the failures, but database updates
that have worked for years are having issues (example: large strings of
text passed to stored procedure only updating some of the text).
Looking for what server jobs are best to monitor.
Anyone else seen similar issue.
It is certainly possible the whole issue on Win side, but I'm asked to
monitor i side.
Jim Franz

Subject: Digest Footer