From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2014 7:43 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Adding disks to a raid set, how long is too long?

Well, I just fired up another Power 8. This one has 34 SSD's. Once
again, it got to 99% lickety split. I'll give this one some time. On
this one we're using a special 720-RSC disc. We'll see if that behaves
any different.

Two consultants sitting around with another one waiting to arrive...
"Did you bring your clubs?"

And the third Power 8 is waiting for IBM to come replace the backplane,
etc. Unlike the other two, which came racked, this one was "customer
installable" with a box taped shut with a label about only being opened by
IBM and I had to rack and cable it myself. Kind of shakes your confidence
in yourself.