Re: Adding disks to a raid set, how long is too long?

fixed

Rob,

You implied that these are internal disks not SAN based. So with that I would say that anything over a couple hours is an error. With SAS as you certainly know building the RAID sets is a fair bit faster than it 'twas on SCSI. 600GB Spinnys are a couple of hours so.....

My vote: Too Long!

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com