What about using QSYRLSPH to release the profile after QSYGETPH?

On 6/10/2014 7:06 PM, James H. H. Lampert wrote:
Question:

I need to validate that a web service, running under IWS, is being called by a legitimate user with a correct password. (Needless to say, it's being called through HTTPS.)

The only way I know of to do a programmatic password check is with a QSYGETPH. Even though I never actually *use* the profile handle returned.

The docs for QSYGETPH say that it will run out of space if you call it more than 20k times within a single job. And with a web service, there's every reason to expect that limit to be exceeded.

Is there some other way of programmatically checking password validity, one I'm not aware of, one that just gives me a yes/no answer, without generating profile handles I'm not actually using?

--
JHHL