Re: Password checking for web service calls

fixed

On 6/10/14 10:30 AM, Monnier, Gary wrote:
Have you thought of using the QSYCHGPR (Change last signed on date)
API in conjunction with a profile swap/unswap?

There is no profile swap/unswap involved. In this, or in any other client-server product we've developed. That's why I've never actually used the profile handle returned from QSYGETPH. And the indirect way we spawn child-server jobs virtually guarantees that the 20k limit on any given job's profile handles can never be approached, much less exceeded.

The problem is that this doesn't apply to a web service (which, unlike a child-server job, has no real reason to run under the user's profile).

And what does a call to an API that updates the last-signed-on date have to do with password checking, anyway?