On 6/10/14 11:01 AM, Jeff Young wrote:
I believe that if the profile/password is not valid, the API will return an
error that you can test.

QSYGETPH does EXACTLY that; that's the only thing I use it for. From my point of view, creation of a profile handle is a side effect, at best benignly useless, and at worst harmful.

QSYCHGPR and the CHKPWD CL command only work for the user profile under which they're executed; they don't have a parameter to pass an arbitrary user ID (or, in the case of QSYCHGPR, even a password).