From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Nathan Andelin
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2014 8:09 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Why do companies partition their Power Servers?

Thanks for all the replies. My intent is not to suggest that folks may
doing too much partitioning, or for the wrong reasons. I mostly just
to hear the rationale behind it.

Notwithstanding that generalization, I am curious about the nature of
alleged Web workloads, and why folks might think they need a VM which is
separate from the "production" box. We run dozens of HTTP server
on the same box as our production data.