Re: Why do companies partition their Power Servers?

fixed

Thanks for all the replies. My intent is not to suggest that folks may be
doing too much partitioning, or for the wrong reasons. I mostly just hoped
to hear the rationale behind it.

Notwithstanding that generalization, I am curious about the nature of the
alleged Web workloads, and why folks might think they need a VM which is
separate from the "production" box. We run dozens of HTTP server instances
on the same box as our production data.

-Nathan.