RE: Guest Partition OS Requirements on Power8

fixed

"Steinmetz, Paul" <PSteinmetz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote on Sat, 10 May
2014 22:39:33 GMT:

What are the IBM I virtualization options (host and/or guest)
for fiber attached tape, 577D?

At the present time, fibre attached tape (577D is the CCIN for
feature 5735) cannot be virtualized by IBM i to any i client.

DLPARing the adapter from one partition to another is still a
reasonable way to go for fibre attached tape. I used to do this
on our systems by sending SSH commands to the HMC from my batch
job stream.