Re: Guest Partition OS Requirements on Power8

fixed

Jack Kingsley <iseriesflorida@xxxxxxxxx> wrote on Thu, 08 May
2014 17:38:17 GMT:

Rob, I was told that you cannot have VIOS and I on I with SAN
using FC. Rob, why can't you use 7.1 TR7??

IBM i TR 8 is required for POWER8 servers to recognize the new
processors and other I/O hardware when not virtualized.

IBM i TR7 cannot recognize POWER8 processors.