Re: Power 8 supports 7.1?

fixed

DrFranken <midrange@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on Tue, 29 Apr 2014
01:23:12 GMT:

Sue, Is this really a 5886 statement? As I think about it,
this is the only way you would actually be able to physically
connect a 3.5" drive to a POWER8. If true this makes the rule
much easier to explain to customers.

From the offering information at
http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/ShowDoc.wss?docURL=/common/ssi/rep_sm/2/897/ENUS8286-_h02/index.html&lang=en&request_locale=en

The only place where I can find 5886 as supported is when attached
to feature 5901. However, feature 5901 does not support any type of
RAID protection.

I'm going to need to double check with Mark Olson, but I believe
the support with 5901 may be an error in the sales manual /
product description.