Native PDF Creation - System Assigned File Name

fixed

Does anyone know of a way to retrieve the file name that the system assigns when you create a PDF via OVRPRTF and only specify a path - not a full name?

It uses the spool file name and a unique 6-character add-on - ex. QSYSPRTa1b2c3.PDF

There is no message to retrieve. I may have to generate my own unique names but just wondering if we can let the OS (V6R1) do it and then retrieve it.

Thanks.

Roger Harman

COMMON Certified Application Developer – ILE RPG on IBM I on Power