Does anyone know of a way to retrieve the file name that the system assigns when you create a PDF via OVRPRTF and only specify a path - not a full name?

It uses the spool file name and a unique 6-character add-on - ex. QSYSPRTa1b2c3.PDF

There is no message to retrieve. I may have to generate my own unique names but just wondering if we can let the OS (V6R1) do it and then retrieve it.

Roger Harman

COMMON Certified Application Developer – ILE RPG on IBM I on Power