Why wouldn't you just specify the file name ?

Specifying a generic path only seems to be not the right way to do it.

Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
Where Information Meets Innovation
Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business Intelligence
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 736-5800
Fax: (952) 736-5801
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

message: 7
date: Fri, 9 May 2014 08:24:24 -0700
from: Roger Harman <roger_harman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Native PDF Creation - System Assigned File Name

Does anyone know of a way to retrieve the file name that the system assigns when you create a PDF via OVRPRTF and only specify a path - not a full name?

It uses the spool file name and a unique 6-character add-on - ex. QSYSPRTa1b2c3.PDF

There is no message to retrieve. I may have to generate my own unique names but just wondering if we can let the OS (V6R1) do it and then retrieve it.

Roger Harman

COMMON Certified Application Developer ? ILE RPG on IBM I on Power