Nothing to really add to your reply, but that API was the first place I
looked at too. I suspect someone missed the boat on this one...

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 9:40 AM, CRPence <CRPbottle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 09-May-2014 10:24 -0500, Roger Harman wrote:

Does anyone know of a way to retrieve the file name that the system
assigns when you create a PDF via OVRPRTF and only specify a path -
not a full name?

It uses the spool file name and a unique 6-character add-on - ex.

There is no message to retrieve. I may have to generate my own
unique names but just wondering if we can let the OS (V6R1) do it and
then retrieve it.

Regardless the output is not actually a Spool File, I half expected that
the Retrieve Identity of Last Spooled File Created (QSPRILSP) API might
have been updated to include that information when a Stream File (STMF) was
the effect for the spooling request per both the To Stream File (TOSTMF)
having named a Path and the Workstation Customizing Object (WSCST)
specified *PDF to redirect the output "transformed to Portable Document
Format (PDF) before it is written into a stream file" having been specified
on a prior Override with Printer File (OVRPRTF). That API seems unchanged
since its origin:

While my reply is not directly helpful, I figure there may be some value
in having my posting my thoughts.

Regards, Chuck