Really Mike ?

That's your reasoning in today's world of Vmware servers :-)

A simple IIS App server takes minutes to set up and all your data still stays on the i.

This is the mentality that causes folks like Jon Paris and Tim Rowe to not want to speak any Microsoft.

It also causes organizations like COMMON to cater to the same old crowd of developers.

I find it laughable that there are 0.0 Microsoft sessions at COMMON this year.

My sessions all got dropped and I was pretty much told there was no demand for Microsoft sessions at COMMON.

Pelkie does the only real training and it's for Penton who recently stopped publishing iProDeveloper.

Don't say Microsoft in the same breath as IBM i. People might leave the i :-)

It's happening whether we like it or not. Embrace enhancing your i with Microsoft. You might actually like the apps you can build.

For the record and I have said it here before, IBM ported the Mono Runtime to PASE several years back but it never saw the light of day because they couldn't get it released. The port was done by a team of interns if I recall correctly.

Without vocal support from more than just me you might as well bolt on a Windows 2012 VM and get on with it.

You guys probably get academic discounts as well :-)

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
Where Information Meets Innovation
Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business Intelligence
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 736-5800
Fax: (952) 736-5801
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

message: 6
date: Mon, 5 May 2014 15:27:34 +0000
from: Mike Cunningham <mike.cunningham@xxxxxxx>
subject: RE: need for simple web screen

Now if only Microsoft would allow me to deploy asp.net on my iSeries hardware so I don't need to real with putting up a windows server and adding to my support overhead.