On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 9:04 PM, Steinmetz, Paul <PSteinmetz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm going to take a closer look at Python, but I need to know
how it runs.

It comes with a *CMD object called PYTHON which, if you follow the
instructions in the README, resides in library PYTHON27. So you can
get an interactive Python session (somewhat like an interactive Rexx
or STRSQL session) by issuing the command by itself:

Or give it a script (in the form of an IFS stream file) to run:

PYTHON27/PYTHON '/my_script_dir/my_script.py'

You could wrap that up in a CLP or submit it directly:

SBMJOB JOB(MYJOB) CMD(PYTHON27/PYTHON '/my_script_dir/my_script.py')

The latest download and README as of this writing are here:

John Y.