From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Yeung
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2014 12:41 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Need to move all objects from lib A to lib B in batch mode with a replace option if the object already exists

On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 9:04 PM, Steinmetz, Paul <PSteinmetz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm going to take a closer look at Python, but I need to know how it
runs.

It comes with a *CMD object called PYTHON which, if you follow the instructions in the README, resides in library PYTHON27. So you can get an interactive Python session (somewhat like an interactive Rexx or STRSQL session) by issuing the command by itself:

PYTHON27/PYTHON

Or give it a script (in the form of an IFS stream file) to run:

PYTHON27/PYTHON '/my_script_dir/my_script.py'

You could wrap that up in a CLP or submit it directly:

SBMJOB JOB(MYJOB) CMD(PYTHON27/PYTHON '/my_script_dir/my_script.py')

The latest download and README as of this writing are here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/iseriespython/files/Compiled/2.7/revE/

John Y.