I will say this: It would be helpful if the error message when trying
to recompile a PF says something to the effect of "yeah, we can't
delete the PF because it's got dependent logicals... but you could try

but you could try CHGPF...

You think that would be more popular than the message encouraging you to
use Rational vs SEU?
Or the message encouraging you to use the deprecated iNav portion of IBM i
Access for Windows versus STRSQL? (aka "Run SQL scripts")
<ducking and running>
Kind of goes to show you that John's request is reasonable, and there is a
precedence. Submit a DCR.