On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 9:46 PM, Ken Sims <mdrg8066@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You can ignore my other post.

Oops, too late.

So now you can ignore *my* other post. ;)

If the physical file is defined with DDS and you use CHGPF to apply
the DDS change, you don't have recompile the logical files. The
operating system takes care of that under the covers.

Ah. This is the thing I keep forgetting. I know Rob has mentioned
this one in the past, and it probably shows up again on this list from
time to time. I imagine that in the Good Old Days (V5R2? maybe
earlier?) CHGPF didn't do this. Otherwise it's hard to imagine why so
many folks (I know it's not just me) have this idea that we have to
delete the logicals.

I will say this: It would be helpful if the error message when trying
to recompile a PF says something to the effect of "yeah, we can't
delete the PF because it's got dependent logicals... but you could try
CHGPF...".

John

This thread ...