Sorry, I neglected to be more detailed in my description of the problem.
One, we have a mix of users - some have only windows profiles & some ibm
profiles. Two, and more importantly, adding more software (i.e. more $) is
not a good option right now.

Last night, I started playing around with the idea of writing an attention
key program for the i utilizing either the qibm_qsy_chk_passwrd exit program
or qsychgpw api. That way, it'll get checked for compliance with the sysval
password rules. Otherwise, I'd have to code the rules in RPGLE (easy
enough), possibly using a regex expression (thanks Scott!).

I've used MS Powershell scripts to change user account passwords before;
should be able to fire a script using qsh, or something along those lines
from a cle.

Thanks for the ideas...


Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2015 by MIDRANGE dot COM and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available here. If you have questions about this, please contact