From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Monnier, Gary
Sent: Tuesday, 25 February 2014 9:16 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: *RMTSRV - What does this server do?

What does the product's help say?

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sam_L
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2014 2:12 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: *RMTSRV - What does this server do?

I have the *RMTSRV server event being reported by Powertech Network
Security. This is deliberate on my part because I'm not sure what this
exit does.

In our environment, it seems to be triggered when someone fills in the
iSeries Access "Sign on to iSeries" window that asks for Server, Userid
and Password, before you get the regular 5250 signon screen.

I suspect I could safely ignore these events, but I've been unable to
find authoritative info on what this exit does.

Any thoughts?