From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx  [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sam_L
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2014 2:12 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: *RMTSRV - What does this server do?

I have the *RMTSRV server event being reported by Powertech Network  Security.  This is deliberate on my part because I'm not sure what  this exit does.

In our environment, it seems to be triggered when someone fills in  the iSeries Access "Sign on to iSeries" window that asks for Server,  Userid and Password, before you get the regular 5250 signon screen.

I suspect I could safely ignore these events, but I've been unable  to find authoritative info on what this exit does.

Any thoughts?