While I could talk about how I'm not a big fan of a giant catchall MONMSG
CPF0000 at the beginning of the program and why,
or how that if your program is still halting then you've done it wrong,
I think a better solution is to look at tools that will monitor jobs, etc
on your system and send the appropriate emails and alerts.
They should handle things like:
- Is there a batch job stuck in msgw?
- Are there more than x jobs stacked up?
- Is there a job taking an excessive amount of time?
We use http://bytware.com/products/mp/index.html
I hear Robot has good products, but the stuff I looked at from them seemed
to be beer on a champagne budget.