From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of DrFranken
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2014 9:12 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: need for a new CPF catch MONMSG

Sounds like an application of the reply list perhaps??

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

On 2/13/2014 8:47 AM, Hoteltravelfundotcom wrote:

Sorry if this is a little vague.

I have a small CL that runs daily. It creates a temp file that I use
in the Reporting tool.
We use the basic IBM Scheduler, they never bought a better product
here and they won't now.

( we tried to make this a view a while back but were
unsuccessful).Anyway, I have the CPF0000 monmsg on there but a couple
of weeks ago that file was in use in a diff view I was creating at
that moment so the job aborted. but it hung waiting for a response.
the problem with that is, that other jobs are stuck in the traffic jam
and if my manager had not noticed, they would not have run for most of
the evening.

In such a case, I would like the job to just quit, as the data is not
mission critical, it's just for a report that is run occassionally.

Perhaps someone knows which other monmsg CPF i would add to that CL? I
can't have my jobs holding up others. In fact, this can cause the
system to not come up because of this.

or change list options,