Re: need for a new CPF catch MONMSG

fixed

Sounds like an application of the reply list perhaps??

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com
www.iInTheCloud.com

On 2/13/2014 8:47 AM, Hoteltravelfundotcom wrote:

Sorry if this is a little vague.

I have a small CL that runs daily. It creates a temp file that I use in the
Reporting tool.
We use the basic IBM Scheduler, they never bought a better product here and
they won't now.

( we tried to make this a view a while back but were unsuccessful).Anyway,
I have the CPF0000
monmsg on there but a couple of weeks ago that file was in use in a diff
view I was creating at that moment so the job aborted. but it hung waiting
for a response. the problem with that is, that other jobs are stuck in the
traffic jam and if my manager had not noticed, they would not have run for
most of the evening.

In such a case, I would like the job to just quit, as the data is not
mission critical, it's just for a report that is run occassionally.

Perhaps someone knows which other monmsg CPF i would add to that CL? I
can't have my jobs holding up others. In fact, this can cause the system to
not come up because of this.