Does your end user also perhaps have a log of the session? Are they on an IBM i? Or Windows? In either case, you can get a log - in Windows, use redirection of output to a text file like this -

ftp ip-address > log.txt

Or execute the script using a similar redirect.

You probably know of OVRDBG stdout to QPRINT, say, gets you a spooled file.

On 1/27/2014 5:45 PM, Jack Tucky wrote:
Thanks for all the suggestions. The user ID and password were correct.

I created a new user profile to test and it worked. So I deleted the
existing profile and recreated it and it was able to logon. Weird.

I granted authority to their home directory and the original profile is
working during my testing.

The end user is complaining about some errors so I've asked him to send me
his FTP Script so I can test.

Thanks again,

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Evan Harris
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2014 6:09 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: FTP problem

log on attempt rejected after a move to a new system...

first things i'd check are:
- are they connecting to the right system (any ip changes ?)
- are they using the right user id and password

I'd check the profile was enabled and issue a new password before moving on
to some of the other suggestions.