On 27-Jan-2014 13:59 -0800, Jack Tucky wrote:
Moved to a new 720 system and we have one user who comes in via FTP

They are getting a 530 log on attempt by user xxxx rejected.

IBM website indicates an authorization problem, perhaps to a library.
They are authorized to their home directory.

I'm not seeing any errors in the FTP server joblogs. How can I figure
out what they need authorization for to logon as FTP user?

If truly an authority issue vs something else... Activate auditing, to include *AUTFAIL events, and review for T-AF entries logged to the QAUDJRN journal for when the user attempts to connect.