Not any details, but keep looking. Back in the dark ages before windows
we had a PC developer who found something that we used, from DOS, to do
one-off SQL actions. This was before we had strsql, runsql, etc. He left
us before 1997 and it's been before he left that we stopped using it when
we got a native solution. But he might have have done something like
people used to generate with the pre-IBM runsql statement. Wrote a
program. SQL statement comes in as a parameter. Execute it.