Per Richard's comment, here we have a report that runs weekly that lists libraries and their size (in order of size, descending I believe). Works pretty well.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Richard Schoen
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2013 12:11 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Storage Size for Programmer

Why don't you take a look at what current developers have allocated as a start.

As a developer don't slow me down is all I say.

Weekly looks at it and daily reviews of overall storage might be better than setting up limits now.

That being said if it was me I would say give me 50-100gb :-)

Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
Where Information Meets Innovation
Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business Intelligence
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site:
Tel: (952) 736-5800
Fax: (952) 736-5801
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

message: 3
date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 00:56:58 -0600
from: "Shannon ODonnell" <sodonnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Storage Size for Programmer

What is a good, average, storage limit to set for a programmer on their user profile?

I am setting up some user profiles for new developers and I want to give them a limit on the amount of storage they can use.

I can and probably will adjust that amount over time but I want to prevent anyone from creating giant databases or user spaces, and such.

Thanks in advance for all suggestions!

Shannon O'Donnell