Works for me. The queue needs to either, a) be empty, or b) have the entries keyed with a timestamp of some sort so the data queue program picks up the correct entry.

Safest given the problem, clear the queue prior as a very first step in the control group.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects

On 1/11/2013 9:43 AM, Ken Sims wrote:
Hi Jim and Jeff -

On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 08:15:46 -0600, Jim Oberholtzer
<midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>3) BRMS Exit program waits to see the data queue entry. Start up
>program enqueues the entry. I would clear the data queue in any case at
>the end of the control group. Maybe a bit later by another job so you
>can inspect the contents of the queue if you want, but clearly it has to
>be clear when the process starts
If I'm correctly interpreting the flow of events, personally I would
clear the data queue in the exit program right before starting the
controlling subsystem. That seems the safest to me.