Hi Jim and Jeff -

On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 08:15:46 -0600, Jim Oberholtzer
<midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

3) BRMS Exit program waits to see the data queue entry. Start up
program enqueues the entry. I would clear the data queue in any case at
the end of the control group. Maybe a bit later by another job so you
can inspect the contents of the queue if you want, but clearly it has to
be clear when the process starts

If I'm correctly interpreting the flow of events, personally I would
clear the data queue in the exit program right before starting the
controlling subsystem. That seems the safest to me.