Not true, you can go back and forth, however,

there are functions in the graphical interface that don't exist in the command line, for instance some of the omit capabilities. Furthermore for some unknown reason IBM will change the name of the control group and other objects to it's own name after accessing it from the command line because some of the internal data structures will have been "upgraded" to use the graphical interface.

My newer BRMS customers start with and stick with the graphical interface, particularly at V7. With the recent IBM Navigator for i being released in late December (see archives for information on that) the interface is much faster, and works quite well. Customers that started out on the command line are tending to stay on the command line rather than switch.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects