Keep going James, you are doing some good work and we are all getting the

2013/1/4 James Lampert <jamesl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Another experiment:

I created a non-keyed copy of VIEWCUS, then deliberately created an
exact duplicate record.

Then, I opened the file in Squirrel, and changed one of the pair of
identical records.

Squirrel gave me a warning that the change would affect both records,
then, when I told it to proceed, it did change both records.

I'm not sure, but I think that's telling me that Squirrel doesn't hold
an open cursor on the file, but instead does an UPDATE with a WHERE
clause built from the record being updated.

I definitely need a good JDBC tutorial, one that gets into the ins and
outs of result sets and their cursors.

(And if there are any Squirrel SQL experts here, would anybody happen to
know of a way to see what requests Squirrel is actually sending?)