Re: Uniquely identifying a record in SQL without a unique key?

fixed

On 1/2/13 5:26 PM, Sam_L wrote:
Might be interesting to do a DSPRCDLCK on the file.

I'm guessing that each time you make a data change a new ODP is being
created, hence the SHRRD locks. (And it might be something to so with
the way SQuirreL is coded.)

So far as I'm aware, Squirrel is a Java application, that uses JDBC.

And I certainly don't need to update more than one record at a time, even if I'm showing more than one at a time on the screen. So far as I'm aware, native RLA can't update more than one record at a time, and QuestView, even when in multi-record update mode, doesn't attempt to do so.

--
JHHL