paultherrien@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
. . .
Having said that, I wonder if you would want to try an experiment where you
use squirrel to query a file and make it editable. Then in a 5250 session,
or other job, modify a record in the record set.

Finally got around to the experiment you suggested (and I was thinking of doing something like it myself). I simply opened VIEWCUS in both Squirrel and QuestView, selected "Make editable" in Squirrel, went to update mode in QV, started to change something in Squirrel, then changed a different field in the same record from QV.

Squirrel (just like QV does in the same situation) gives a message that the record had been changed by another job.

It's looking more and more like this is going to be easier to deal with, at least at the lowest levels, than I'd thought.

But I think I'm still going to need a good JDBC tutorial.