Re: Uniquely identifying a record in SQL without a unique key?

fixed

On 1/4/13 1:17 AM, Dave wrote:
Keep going James, you are doing some good work and we are all getting the
benefit!

Yes, except that I'm no closer to (and still further away than I'd thought) from learning how to deal with cursors and result sets in a way that doesn't hold unnecessary locks on the file.

And Paul, as to your question, I just opened the file in Squirrel, without any explicit WHERE clause, enabled editing, and interactively selected one field in one of the two identical records. My guess is that Squirrel generated a WHERE clause on all of the fields.

--
JHHL