I just used Fix Central to download a PTF I already had but do it to my
PC. Just to test for you. It worked. The only difficulty I had is that
my old book mark acted strange. It kind of got me to Fix Central but had
some strange stuff when I started trying to proceed. I clicked on Fix
Central on the left and started from there and it worked ok.

Where are you starting out from? I start out from
which is what "Fix Central" on the left takes me to.

I do everything in my power to avoid that "portal". It's confusing and
has no clue how to get to anything of use.