Re: RUNSQL Command: Help & Escape Messages

fixed

Luis

I agree that it feels not to be complete - it won't even run a SELECT statement, with a choice of outputs. Everyone who has written their own command has used Query Management queries, so far as I know, and the full set of allowable statements can be run there. That means almost everything that can be used only in embedded code, such as PREPARE and DECLARE CURSOR.

So I'm rather disappointed. Just as I was with RUNSQLSTM, which also does not run a SELECT.

Nonetheless, the lack of help text doesn't bother me as much as this other matter. And I don't remember if we had a chance to comment on the beta release, as presented in the developerworks article.

Regards
Vern