Re: RUNSQL Command: Help & Escape Messages

fixed

Sam

The developerworks page describes the preview - the final information is at

publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/.../rbafy*runsql*.htm

I agree with Luis - SQL0104 is the right message - however, I find this message to be not as helpful as it could - it tells you what the "token" is that made it fail, not the position - sometimes there are several instances of the "token".

There is an SQL statement analyzer that DOES give the position. I use that in our DOCSQL command's validity checker. It's part of a product, so I can't say much more than that. It's easy enough to do, of course.

As to being a diagnostic - that may be how it is reported in an interactive command-line setting. Did you run it in a batch or interactive program?

Oh, yeah - RUNSQL does NOT run a SELECT - so this is very much like RUNSQLSTM, with that troublesome (IMHO) restriction.

HTH
Vern