Re: DDS field reference equivalent in SQL

fixed

Sigh... It seems that they are everywhere...

When I came here I found that the custom was to use the file number at the
end of the column name, ie. CUST01, CUST02, etc. They even had this big
((DDS) reference file called GEPT00, where each field ended, of course,
with '00'. In the referenced files, say GEPT01, they redefined each field
as:

GENAME01 R REFFLD(GENAME00)
COLHDG('User Name')
GESURN01 R REFFLD(GENAME00)
COLHDG(User Surname')

and so on... If your GEPT01 address field had the same attributes than the
GENAME00 field, there went that REFFLD(GENAME00)!!

At that moment, I really understood the American idiom of "Going Postal".

Regards,

Luis Rodriguez