Re: DDS field reference equivalent in SQL

fixed

Rob,

In our case, we found that the developers were being quite "liberal" in
assigning column names and attributes each time they defined a table (even
temporary ones), so you could find CUSTNAME CHAR(35), CNAME CHAR(40) and
so on. Many times even one same developer had different "versions" of the
column.

So it was decided to create one big table where CUSTNAME was defined
(hopefully) just once, with the required attributes. An added value was
that the column's LABEL attributes wre "inherited" in the new table.

Best Regards,

Luis Rodriguez