Re: From HMC to No-HMC?

fixed

Rob,

There are two ports on the HMC, one can be made private, one can be made public. The only real thing you accomplish by making everything public is putting ASMI and the FSP on the public network, with all the associated security risks of doing that; in exchange for easy access to the ASMI the two times a year you need to get to it. Bad trade in my view.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects