On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 07:06:04 -0700, J Franz wrote:

Is there a file editor (prefer i based) that can open and edit large
text files in the IFS?

Somewhere between 1.5 and 2.3 gig the EDTF command returns a "Object is
too large to process"

CPFB620 w/Errno 3525 Notepad and Notepad++ fail.

Jim Franz

PASE includes vi. If you can figure out how to use it in a screen-at-a-
time 5250 window, it will probably work. It wasn't worth the effort for

On Windoz, I use textpad, which not only can edit files up to 2GB, it has
excellent regular expression support, and source formatting and coloring
via source-type templates. I use it a lot for editing awk, windows
script, nix shell and edi files on a variety of remote file systems. It
can convert seamlessly between PC, nix and Apple line endings and
character sets. It's shareware. It doesn't do EBCDIC though.