As I mentioned before, UltraEdit has 64-bit handling for 4+GB files & works
with only parts of the file in RAM to keep performance & system RAM
requirements in check. It does unicode, programming languages, EBCDIC, and
pretty much anything you could want.

Mac & Linux as well as Windows.

It isn't free but there is a free demo.