Re: Pros and Cons of DB defined Referential Integrity Constraints

fixed

Hi Nathan -

On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 13:05:45 -0700 (PDT), Nathan Andelin
<nandelin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I suppose that another pro for DB defined constraints is that they apply to any other interface that shops may chose to update the DB.

I think that's big one right there. The DB constraints not only apply
to the regular application programs running on the i, but also utility
functions such as STRSQL, DFU, DBU, etc. and remote functions such as
ODBC and FTP. (Actually I don't know that it applies to FTP but I
sure hope it does!)

Ken