The only con I consider of significance is the lack of support for

That comes across as humorous, because objects in QTEMP go away, anyway ;-)

What about occasional needs to delete or clear tables that have DB defined dependencies, including constraints?

What about managing DB defined constraints? We are operating under a SAAS model where we set up new environments for new customers, and we look forward to migrating a number of organizations off MS SQL Server to IBM i in coming years. We could have potentially thousands of DB defined RI constraints, in addition to primary key constraints. Each customer has their own DB library. But they share a common code base. What might we use to copy constraints from one DB library to another?