First, let me say that it sounds to me from the answers already given,
and from my own intuition, that you should be able to set something up
that allows you to treat an IFS directory as a Windows folder so you
can drag and drop from your PC.

But if for whatever reason that is not the case, are you open to other
methods of file transport? Personally, I find using FTP basically as
easy as Windows Explorer, maybe even easier in some cases. Graphical
FTP clients such as FileZilla are very easy to use. I actually
specifically avoid IFS shares because the last time I tried them, they
seemed slow, and it felt like they were tying up my PC. Maybe the
performance isn't as bad now, but FTP has always felt fast, and of
course still does.