I started out at System Reference Code list at
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/rzahb/rzahbsrclist.htm
Click on C. This went to C5xx. It was suggested that I use the IPL SRC
finder. I did so and pasted in the whole C500E200. From there I saw
SRC Function
C5xx xxxx LIC system hardware initialization

If I use the IBM search box way up at the top right and searched for
C500E200 I got nothing. Google only returned the posts from this thread
from the archives. (I'll ignore the references to the Spice Girls.)

There is a link in the System Hardware Information at
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/powersys/v3r1m5/index.jsp?topic=/areai/C3xx_IPL_status_progress_codes_info.htm
However that had the same generic information as the IPL SRC finder had.

Why doesn't IBM tell us what the other numbers mean?