I ran into the exact same thing when trying to dig for myself.

I'm on the line with support right now.

From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10/17/2012 07:34 AM
Subject: Re: C500E200 on trying to IPL from save 21 media (V7R1)

I started out at System Reference Code list at

Click on C. This went to C5xx. It was suggested that I use the IPL SRC
finder. I did so and pasted in the whole C500E200. From there I saw
SRC Function
C5xx xxxx LIC system hardware initialization

If I use the IBM search box way up at the top right and searched for
C500E200 I got nothing. Google only returned the posts from this thread
from the archives. (I'll ignore the references to the Spice Girls.)

There is a link in the System Hardware Information at

However that had the same generic information as the IPL SRC finder had.

Why doesn't IBM tell us what the other numbers mean?

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755

Scanned by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by MessageLabs.
For more information please visit