RE: PTF Best Practice? apply to separate LPAR first, or to anon-production machine?

fixed

We use MIMIX to clone production file data from the live system to a backup copy on the 2nd (backup/test/development) system. We are not using MIMIX to switch between systems, just to move the data.

On an as-needed basis we copy data from the backup copy of live to one or more of the test environments (we have about 5). One of the environments is refreshed weekly, most of the others when no one has a bunch of test data waiting for a test in one of the others.

--Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx